- Birth Arts International Training
- New Beginning Doula Training
- TENS Unit Trained
- CPR for Health Professionals
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- Texas State WIC Breastfeeding Training
- Sacred Belly Binding
- Sacred Scent- Aromatherapy for Birth Professionals Trained
- WomanCraft Online Midwifery
- Kinesiotaping for Pregnancy, Labor, and Postpartum
- Better Birth 360 Acupressure Comfort Measure Instructor for birthing couples
- Association of Placenta Preparation Arts (APPA)
I believe that women are designed to create, birth, and nourish a baby. I love how amazing the body is. The fact that our body can produce hormones to help cope with labor pains, knows when a baby is ready to be born, makes milk leaves me in awe. Childbirth is such a natural process.
Hello, I am Samantha,
A little bit about me...I have three children that I homeschool. My boys are 19 and 15, and my daughter is 12. They are my world. Each of their births have contributed to my decision to become a Midwife.
II have been a Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist since 2003. While working for an OB/GYN, I fell in love with everything birth. Though at the time I did not know I would eventually be guided by fate into becoming a Midwife. However, I started reading everything and learning more about pregnancy and birth. In 2013 I started my journey on becoming a Midwife. I began working as a Placenta Encapsulator in 2013 and became a Doula in 2015. Since then I have expanded my education and knowledge. I have taken courses on Aromatherapy for Pregnancy, Birth, and Postpartum, Breastfeeding Counselor, Belly Binding, Kinesiotaping, and others. In 2017 I began training to become an Acupressure Comfort Measure Instructor for birthing couples.
I am currently an apprentice midwife with Comforts of Home Midwifery and Texoma Birth Center. I love being able to assist women in their birth journey.